Customer Login Customer Login | Accessibility: Larger TextNormal TextSmaller Text

Paying Your Rent

Your rent pays for most of the services you receive from Manningham Housing Association. Without you paying your rent, we could not provide you a housing service.

The level of rent you pay is calculated using guidelines set out by the Government. The guidelines change, keep up to date on any changes on our news and upcoming events page

You can now pay your rent by making a secure online payment through the allpay website by clicking here.

Our service standards

If you are worried about paying your rent on time, please get in touch with our Income Management team as soon as possible and they will provide you with support: click here for more information on Income Management.

We respond to any requests for refunds within 28 days.

To make it as simple as possible for you to pay your rent we offer several ways to pay. For more information on these services see our leaflet below:

Housing benefit

If you are struggling to pay your rent because you are on a low income or are unemployed, you may be entitled to housing benefit. You will need to submit a claim form to Bradford Council’s Housing Benefits Team.

Our Income Management Team will be able to advise you about applying for housing benefit, click here for more information on Income Management.


If you fail to pay your rent we will:

  • Contact you to talk about your rent arrears.
  • Offer you advice and support, to try and come to an arrangement with you about how you will clear the debt.
  • Offer welfare advice and suggest ways to maximise your income.
  • Check you are getting the right amount of housing benefit, if you are already claiming.

In most cases we will be able to help you, and by taking early action you may be able to avoid court proceedings and extra costs. We are reluctant to take legal action and will only do so if necessary.

What legal action can be taken?

Legal action may include county court judgments, possession orders or even eviction from your home. This process would be stopped if you pay your rent and maintain your arrangement to clear arrears.

If you end your tenancy owing rent arrears, you will be referred to our specialist team who will make an arrangement with you to clear the debt. If the property is left abandoned, our team will take action to trace you to recover the debt.

Future rent increases

If you are unhappy you can refer to an independent body known as the Rent Assessment Committee. They will decide the maximum rent that we will charge for the following year. There are usually three people on the committee - a solicitor, a valuer and a layperson. They will meet to decide if your rent is fair based on the Government formula rent.

Their decision is final and you cannot appeal against it.

Contact us:

Telephone: 01274 771144

Manningham Housing Association
Bank House
30 Manor Row
West Yorkshire

If English is not your first language, we can offer an interpreter to explain this information to you.